Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Finally, Something New: Chili



Man, it has definitely been a while since I last posted.

So~ I managed to drag my butt out of bed a few saturdays ago to go to the farmers market near my apartment complex and I bought an interesting new chili. BUT, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product...so I need to do that at some point later on. Wait for it!~

Well, I guess it isn't that new or interesting for someone thats eaten a sweet white pepper before, but it was interesting to me! I forgot the exact name of this particular chili pepper, but it was really sweet! I mean, I just licked a piece of the pepper just to taste it and I could taste the full impact of sweetness! But I forgot about how sweet the peppers were and I added just a little too much honey, hehe. Go figure.

Tomatoes were getting a bit irritating to buy because I thought a lot of the prices were a bit expensive, but I guess it's worth it for fresh tomatoes. I saw a stand selling heirlooms for about $3.50 lb but I didn't have enough time or money get it that weekend. Next weekend for sure! The tomatoes I finally settled on were really sweet too. A shame that most all of them went into making the chili. I would have eaten them all raw, haha.

So, I used a combination of: sweet white peppers, orange bell peppers, a jalapeno (my sister can't really handle too much heat) and some Anaheim peppers. I was going to add Pasilla but the ones I had in the fridge kinda went south and I didn't see it until I got back from the market. Poo~

Spices: Chili powder, Smoked paprika, Cumin
Canned: White and Dark Kidney Beans, Tomato Paste




No comments: